Election 2020: Most Watched Event on Hulu + Live TV
November 11, 2020
Election Night (11/3) broke records on Hulu and ranked as the most watched event ever on Hulu + Live TV with over 65% of our overall Hulu + Live TV subscribers tuning in.
Hulu’s continued efforts around Election 2020 included opening access to live election coverage — for both the debates and Election Night — to viewers on the Hulu and Hulu (No Ads) plans at no additional cost as well as enabling a test of Hulu Watch Party for ABC News’ “Election 2020” live coverage.
Here are some additional trends we saw on Hulu throughout the full 5 days of Election Night coverage (“Election Week,” 11/3-11/7):
- Hulu opened up live Election Night coverage to its Hulu on-demand-only subscribers via ABC News Live. In doing so, 70% of Hulu’s total Election Night viewers were Hulu + Live TV subs and 30% were viewers on the Hulu and Hulu (No Ads) plans.
- Throughout Election Week, Hulu saw nearly 5 million Hulu subscribers tuning in to live news coverage, with subscribers watching for on average over 7 hours.
- Throughout Election Week, viewers from the key battleground states of Georgia and Pennsylvania were the most engaged compared to the rest of our viewers, watching for an average of nearly 8 hours.
- On the day the election was called (11/7), subscribers in Georgia and Pennsylvania also had the highest engagement with Hulu overall.
- Throughout Election Week, subscribers that watched election coverage supplemented their news watching with adult animation titles like Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers, as well as catching up on the always exciting season of The Bachelorette.
Source: Hulu Internal Data Nov. 2020